Our staff is here to help: Monday-Sunday 9am to 6pm (800)-800-3332

Where do I file my appeal?

A: Typically, you would file your appeal with the same office (VA Regional Office (RO) or medical facility) that issued the decision you are appealing because that is where your claims file is kept. However, if you have moved and your claims file is now maintained at a VA office other than the one where you previously filed, you should file at the new location, so that your appeal can be kept with your file.


The VA encourages claimants to seek legal or non-legal representation prior to filing an appeal with the Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA). We highly recommend securing the assistance of an experienced representative. The appeal process is complicated. You’ll want to get it right from the start in order to avoid further delays or worse, another denial. Disability Help Group will file your appeal and complete all the necessary paperwork on your behalf. Our representatives are highly skilled in cross-examining witnesses and arguing cases in front of the BVA’s judges.


GET STARTED ON YOUR APPEAL. Call us now at 1-(800)-800-3332 and speak to one of trained legal assistants who will evaluate your claim FOR FREE.