Top 5 Reasons to Work with A Disability Advocate
– Matt Sauerwald, Vice-President, Disability Help Group
Matt Sauerwald is one of the leading Disability Advocate’s in the U.S. With a wealth of knowledge and expertise in Social Security Disability law, he has dedicated his career to helping people who are unable to work due to a disability and has successfully represented thousands of clients in their claims for disability benefits.
Today, Matt shares his top five benefits of working with a disability advocate:
Social Security has special rules for disability applicants who are 50 years or older which makes getting approved easier. These are called the Medical Vocational guidelines or grid rules. However, application of these rules is not automatic. They all come down to the exertional and skill level of an applicant’s past work. Hiring a Social Security disability advocate to file your application can help ensure you get the benefit of these rules.
The unfortunate reality is that a majority of individuals who apply for Social Security disability get denied at the first administrative steps of the process. Here’s how a skilled advocate can help you get approved:
1. Working with a disability advocate helps many people by correcting the errors that Social Security makes in adjudicating claims at the first steps of the process.
2. A disability advocate can help claimants understand the nuisances in the SSA disability system, fix holes and medical evidence, and develop a winning strategy if the individual has to wait for a hearing before a judge to get approved.
3. That same disability advocate will help the client get prepared for the hearing and argue on the client’s behalf before an administrative law judge.
4. Aside from preparing and educating clients on how the system works, the other thing a disability advocate can do is save the client time.
5. While a disability advocate cannot/should not fill out forms for the client, the advocate can automatically file appeals, request and receive updated medical records to complete the case file at the hearing stage and help the client apply rules that result in SSA issuing a decision more quickly.
If your claim has been denied or you are currently working through the appeal process and need help, contact Mr. Sauerwald and the team at Disability Help Group at 800-800-3332 today and see how we can help get your claim approved.
Since 2010 Matthew Sauerwald has been a leading voice for the disabled community in seeking compensation from the Social Security Administration and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Mr. Sauerwald has led one of the nation’s most successful disability advocacy organizations Disability Help Group since 2015 and has litigated thousands of Social Security disability hearings resulting in hundreds of millions of dollars of disability awards. Learn more about Matt here.